Sunday, February 22, 2015

Over the Years

Close up of Outline Quilting on Coffee Quillow

Sewing started when I was ten.  I just loved gluing - pasting - puzzles - reading.  I decided I wanted to sew.  I loved colors and playing dress-up.   I still do.  I don't know about the future, but I do what I love on a daily basis.... Sew, sew, sew.
I have recently started scanning all my old pictures of the children and the family onto usb ports for each of the children.  I have moved many times now that I am retired-and part time working-and I have about ten storage boxes of pictures.  I can't let go.  I decided the best thing to do would be to a lot time each day into scanning them and as I do that making photo albums of what is there so they can be neatly stacked.  It is such a humongous chore.  So  I can scan two hours and then sew two hours.   This forces me to schedule my time. 

I have four quillows on the table to do in various stages-a simple bright purple suit to cut out for work wear and a queensize quilt top almost finished.  I have many excuses.... and then all of a sudden I am motivated and away I go.    Well, there are some other projects laid out, too.

Today... I must melt some glass and make at least one pin to wear tomorrow to work..  If I make a purple pin-well that will motivate me to sew the purple suit to wear and then of course I will have to do a new blouse to wear...

The quilt - well I fizzled on the quilt because I didn't get excited about the back.... now I have a new idea thanks to the store...G Street Fabrics.   I walked by a classroom and they were weaving their fabrics looking similar to this Around the World Quilt.... It was gorgeous... So I just have to look in my stash to see if I have enough Purples and blues to do the back in woven strips of purples and blues..... I am excited enough to finish that.

The quillows.... are in different stages..  Polar fleece on one side... Minky on the other... Some of the ones I have done this past year:
Quillow Folded into Pillow Quilt Square Pieced Side
Finished Quillow Open with Pillow Pocket Attached in the center of Bottom
Quilt folding into the pillow pocket
Quillow Folded into the Pocket Pieced Pocket top showing

Redskins Themed Outline Quilted and Machine Embroidery Life Theme Classic Cars & Cycles

Light House Theme Embroidered on Back of Ravens Quilt
 Ravens Quillow Folded in  Pillow Pocket
Pillow Folded and Opposite Embroidered Side showing of Pocket
Note Neck Roll Pillow From left over quilted Pocket Half Yard
Pansy Quillow in Use-Feet in Pillow Opposite Outline Quilted printed Pansy Fleece
Jam session Quillow in Use ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment